This fund supports student members attending Kansas schools for the purpose of investigating the scientific aspects of birds found in Kansas (study area not limited to Kansas). Awards are for one year with grants ranging from $100-$750. Priority will be given to proposals showing financial need.
here for this information in Word format.
Click here for this information in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
* Complete research description and budget
* One letter of recommendation signed, preferably by an advisor, teacher, or professional biologist
* If applicant has previously received this award, a progress report must
accompany this application
* The deadline for application is January 15 for awards to be given for the next school year. Awards will be given by February 15. (Applications may be submitted at anytime, and if funds are available, awards may be given on an individual basis.)
* Upon completion of project, submit a written report to KOS or present findings at a conference
* Send completed application to KOS Student Research Fund, John Schukman, 14207 Robin Road, Leavenworth, KS 66048 or E-mail: email@example.com (preferred)
Candidate for degree: High School_____Bachelor’s____Master’s____Ph.D._____
Letter of recommendation will be submitted by_________________________________
1. Title of proposal-
2. Introduction (state problem or question to be studied)
3. Research description (describe design of experiment, and methods
and materials used)
4. Location and duration
5. Describe current status of knowledge, the relevancy of this proposal,
and several important literature citations
Identify budget justification and expenses being requested (items commonly
supported: consumable supplies, living expenses in the field, travel costs
for research; items not supported: salary, expenses for assistants, overhead,