Guidelines for Horned Lark submissions
The Horned Lark is the official newsletter of the Kansas Ornithological Society. It is published quarterly. The editor is Cheryl Miller. Following are the guidelines that need to be followed if you wish to submit articles for inclusion.
1) Articles must be related to KOS' mission of the study, conservation, and enjoyment of birds. Preference will be given to those articles related to Kansas birds and birding, and the approved use of Dingus Natural Area.
2) Articles must be saved as a .txt document, and should not exceed 600 words. Paste the copy of the article in the body of an e-mail AND attach the document to the e-mail before sending to the Horned Lark editor.
3) Articles will be edited for length, clarity, grammar, spelling, and syntax. Editorial changes are at the discretion of the editor.
Horned Lark photos and artwork
1) All photos and artwork must be in jpg format and of high resolution for print quality. A dpi of 300 is preferred.
2) A copyright notice with the photographer's or artist's name and year will be included in the cutline.
1) KOS does not offer compensation for submitted work.
2) Advertisements and endorsements for businesses are not accepted.